Cloud computing refers to on demand availability of resources as per our requirement on the go.
It means we are free to scale up and scale down our resources automatically and will be charged as per the usage of resources.
It is an interesting concept as you have to pay only for the resources you used and only till the time you have used those resources.
Cloud Computing –> On-demand Availability and Usage of resources.
Lets look at different advantages of using cloud computing.
- Lowers down the operating cost.
- Charged only for the services used.
- Charged only for the resources used.
- Flexibility to scale up and scale down the resources.
- No hardware management overhead.
- No backup management overhead.
III. Different Cloud providers
You might have heard of AWS, Azure, however there are a lot of cloud technologies prevailing in the market right now. However yes the market share is highest for AWS, and then Azure and nowadays GCP is on the boom. Lets view at some of the known cloud providers.
- GCP – Google Cloud
- AWS – Amazon Web Services
- Microsoft Azure
- Huawei Cloud
- Server Space
- Kamatera Performance Cloud
- IBM Cloud
- PhoenixNAP Cloud Services
- Vmware Cloud
- Alibaba Cloud – Largent in China