Today we will discuss an interesting thing how to take GUI of any remote server via port forwarding.
This tip is usually helpful to open ILO of a server which is not accessible directly.
However for this, the intermediate server must have X11 forwarding enabled in SSH settings.
Please find below procedure step by step to understand this.
1. Get Console login details from your saved passwords.
nfsserver-rb username password
2. Get its IP address:
ngelinux saket $ ping nfsserver-rb PING nfsserver.ngelinux.com.com (10.26.11.174): 56 data bytes 64 bytes from 10.26.11.174: icmp_seq=0 ttl=246 time=25 ms 64 bytes from 10.26.11.174: icmp_seq=1 ttl=246 time=24 ms
3. Open Putty and login to the jump server.
4. Goto Settings and put an entry like below. Change IP address with your console IP.
Click on Add after entering above details.
5. Now Click on Apply and the window is closed.
6. Open your browser and open below url:
Click on “Go on to webpage”.
7. Now you can see the ILO console.
Now login via ILO GUI username and password.