Most of the times we encounter an error when the server logical drive is failed and the system hangs.
You can’t boot the system until and unless you re-enable the logical drive.
Today in this post, we will see the steps how to re-enable the logical drive on HPE Prolient Servers.
1. Reset the system and take its console from ILO.
Keep an eye on the monitor and when below screen appears, press F10 to enter into Intelligent Provisioning.
2. After you press return, the system will take few minutes and will ask below options.
Select "HPE Smart Storage Administrator" i.e. second option from the list.
3. System loads HP SSA screen.
Select the option with error mark i.e. Smart Array P440ar.
4. Click on Configure in Actions.
5. Now select the logical drive which is showing error mark.
As soon as you select this logical drive, there is an option on right side screen that says "Re-enable Failed Logical Drive". Click on this option.
6. Click Yes when prompted.
7. Click finish to complete the process.